The FM192 is, in many ways, an upgraded version of the FM191. Carrying forward a lot of the successful features of that board and adding: 4G, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, CAN bus, 3.5mm Audio Jack, Humidity sensor, and an IMU sensor which includes an accelerometer, a gyroscope and finally a magnetometer. As you can see this takes an already very useful I/O board and adds an incredible amount of connectivity and functionality!
The full specs are:
- FMC LPC connector with I/O and single high-speed serial.
- Single +5 (external ATX connector MOLEX part 8991) for powering external sensors via the DB9 connectors.
- 100-way SEIC peripheral interface connector.
- 12x analogue inputs 3V TTL, with a resolution of 12-bits@2kSPS via 2x DB9 (J6-J8).
- 8x analogue outputs 3V TTL, with a resolution of 24-bits@2kSPS via 1x DB9 (J9).
- IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi + Bluetooth Low Energy V4
- 4G + GNSS/GPS
- 2x CAN BUS via 1x DB9 (J4).
- IMU sensor
- Humidity and Temperature sensor.
- Audio I/O
- Optional 4x USB3.0 connections available via the expansion FM191-U board.
- Optional 26x single-ended digital I/Os 5V TTL 40-pin via the expansion FM192-U board.
- 3 x ADS122U04IPWR a precision, 24-bit, analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
- DAC60508ZRTET eight-channel digital-to-analog converter (DAC)
Also this week we visited the Machine Vision Expo, which was held on the 25th June, 2019 at the Arena MK, Milton Keynes as part of the Manufacturing & Supply Chain Conference & Exhibition.
Machine vision is an exciting sector of our industry and there were many great talks highlighting the technology and techniques necessary to achieve imaging-based automatic inspection and analysis to facilitate automatic inspection, enhanced process control, and robot guidance.