We currently have the following positions available:
Job reference: placement_esd_012020
Closing date: 28/02/2020
Starting date: June 2020
Embedded Software Developer
Sundance Multiprocessor Technology Ltd. is offering one placement to a skilled embedded software developer to build and implement embedded applications. Along with embedded software and hardware engineers, you will contribute to the embedded software development life cycle optimised for running Sundance’s Edge Computing platforms. Your duties will revolve around producing writing code to build the systems, modifying software, fixing errors, improving its performance and upgrading interfaces. You will also be required to work with customers or departments that have technical issues such as design and maintenance.
This role will require an individual who is a team player who has a keen eye for detail and excellent problem-solving skills. Having experience in multiple programming languages and frameworks is advantageous.
Software developer Responsibilities
- Discuss and resolve technical issues with customers and departments
- Experience using Xilinx tools will be a plus.
- Develop Intelligent detection system using state-of-the-art Computer Vision algorithms
- Direct system testing for all systems
- Fix software errors and ensure it is adapted to all new hardware
- Experience in Robotics will be a plus.
- Work closely with project managers to receive information on limitations and capabilities
- Create technical documentation (e.g. reference manuals and test plans) to produce reports
- Gather user and customer feedback to interpret and improve software
- Experience using EDA software will be plus.
Software developer Requirements
- Previous experience as a software developer or similar role will be a plus.
- Knowledge of coding/scripting languages (e.g C/C++, Python, TCL, bash, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn new programming languages
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Be at least in the 2nd year of a BSc in Computer Sciences or Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- The selected candidate will be working in the Smart Sensing Lab at Nottingham Trent University under Dr Eiman Kanjo’s direct supervision. The candidate will have weekly meetings with Sundance.
- Travel within UK/Europe may be required. Expenses will be covered by Sundance
- £18,000 to £20,000 per year. Entitled to 20 days of holidays. Work load of 38h per week.
Please email your cv and cover letter to email@example.com until the 28/02/2020.