Embedded Software Developer
Submission deadline: April 15th, 2021
Starting date: June 2021
Please submit your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
We have one placement for a skilled embedded software developer to build and implement embedded applications. Along with embedded software and hardware engineers, you will contribute to the embedded software development life cycle optimised for running Sundance’s Edge Computing platforms.
Your duties will revolve around producing writing code to build the systems, modifying software, fixing errors, improving its performance and upgrading interfaces. You will also be required to work with customers or departments that have technical issues such as design and maintenance. This role will require an individual who is a team player who has a keen eye for detail and excellent problem-solving skills. Having experience in multiple programming languages and frameworks is advantageous.
Software Developer Responsibilities
• Discuss and resolve technical issues with customers and departments
• Experience using Xilinx tools will be a plus.
• Develop Intelligent detection system using state of the art Computer Vision algorithms
• Direct system testing for all systems
• Fix software errors and ensure it is adapted to all new hardware
• Experience in Robotics will be a plus.
• Work closely with project managers to receive information on limitations and capabilities
• Create technical documentation ( e.g. reference manuals and test plans) to produce reports
• Gather user and customer feedback to interpret and improve software
• Experience using EDA software will be plus.
Software developer Requirements
• Previous experience as a software developer or similar role will be a plus.
• Knowledge of coding/scripting languages (e.g. C/C++, Python, TCL, bash, etc.)
• Ability to work in a team and individually
• Attention to detail
• Ability to learn new programming languages
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
• Be at least in the 2nd year of a BSc in Computer Sciences or Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
• The selected candidate will be working in the Computational Neurosciences and Cognitive Robotics under Dr Pedro Machado’s direct supervision. The candidate will have weekly meetings with Sundance.
• Travel within UK/Europe may be required. Expenses will be covered by Sundance
• £18,000 to £20,000 per year. Entitled to 20 days of holidays. Workload of 38h per week.
General CVs: If you don’t see a suitable role listed here but would like to be considered for any future opportunities, please send your CV and details around the type of role you’re looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, any unsolicited CVs sent to Sundance – that is to say, in any situation where we have not directly engaged your company, in writing, to supply candidates for a specific vacancy – will be considered by us to be a “free gift”. This will leave us liable for no fees whatsoever should we choose to contact the candidate directly and engage the candidate’s services, and will in no way establish any prior claim by your company to representation of that candidate should the candidate’s details also be submitted by any other party. Submission of any unsolicited CVs to us by any recruitment agencies as above will be deemed evidence of full and unlimited acceptance by your company of these terms, and agreement by your company that these terms are the totality of any commercial or contractual relationship whatsoever between our companies in respect of the candidate(s) whose unsolicited CVs were thus sent.