NOT FOR NEW DESIGNS
The SMT318 is a low cost FPGA module with 2 Spartan II-E devices (XC2S300E-6). It provides a flexible platform for systems that require large data throughput. With six SHB, four of which can be either used as LVTLL or LVDS, it offers an overall bandwidth of 4.5Gbytes/s and many different data paths. An on-board power connector and an external ComPort allow users to operate it in a stand alone manner.
The flexibility and performances of this module provide a wide range of development options for designers to explore the capabilities of the comprehensive Sundance TIM modules family.
- Two Spartan II-E (XC2S300E) FPGA in a FG456 package
- Six SHB giving an overall bandwidth of 4.5Gbytes/s
- Four SHB to be used in either LVTTL or LVDS mode
- 8-bit ComPort for receiving settings and control commands (20Mbytes/s)
- Power connector for stand alone mode
- External ComPort for connection to a host in stand alone mode
- On-board EPROM for FPGA configuration
- Can be used for custom development
- Full support for Chipscope via JTAG connection.
- 12 months warranty
- Weight approx: 49g
- SHB to/from LVDS interface- Protocol converter (SHB to/from other data transfer standards)
- Multi-broadcast: one data flow duplicated and sent to several receivers
- Data flow splitter
- Split the high bandwidth data flow and distribute it over several receivers/processing units at a lower bandwidth. Especially useful in Sundance systems when one DSP board cannot process real time all the information from some digitized data channels
- Pre-processing arithmetic operations: filtering, windowing, bandwidth reduction