NOT FOR NEW DESIGNS
Advanced Imaging Module; C6416 @ 600MHz; Xilinx Virtex II XC2V2000 FPGA
The SMT319 is Sundance’s 3rd generation of Texas Instruments ‘C6x DSP Module built on TIM format and uses the TMS320C6416 DSP. This processor has a clock speed of up to 600MHz and a 64 bit external data bus.
The module also includes a Xilinx Virtex-II FPGA which is configured to provide ‘C4x style ComPorts or alternatively the Sundance Digital Link (SDL), a TIM compatible enhanced global bus, two .Sundance High Speed Bus’s (SHBs) and other control functions.
PAL/NTSC/SECAM input and PAL/NTSC output is available via devices connected to the FPGA.
- Single width module
- 600MHz TMS320C6416 Fixed Point DSP
- 4800MIPS peak performance
- Xilinx Virtex II FPGAs. XC2V2000-4 in FF896 package.
- 32 Mbytes of SDRAM @ 100MHz
- Two Sundance High-speed Bus (50MHz, 100MHz or 200MHz) ports 32 bits wide
- Four 8-bit ComPorts up to 20Mbytes/s each for InterDSP communications / configuration.
- One 32-bit Global Bus @ 50MHz to interface to a Sundance Carrier or customer hardware.
- 2Mbytes FLASH ROM for configuration/booting
- Composite Video Decoder, using the Bt829B and connected directly to the FPGA.
- Composite/RGB Video Encoder using the Bt864B and connected directly to the FPGA
- JTAG Diagnostics Port
- Serial-port Connectors
- General purpose I/O Connectors
- TIM standard compatible.
- 12 months warranty
- Weight Approx. 58g
The SMT319 is self-contained Graphics Module that is suitable for a range of application in Image Processing, Graphics, Rendering of pictures and as a General Purpose display sub-system in a larger MultiDSP processing system. The SMT319 can be hosted in a PC-type environment or, with the larger on-Module Flash, be using in a “Stand-Alone” mode.
The SHB provides 60 I/O pins each and they are available to the user as general purpose I/O pins and uses the high-speed connector system from Samtec and use the “Blue Ribbon” cables from Precision Interconnects319