NOT FOR NEW DESIGNS
DSP Module; C6416T @ 1GHz; 256Mbytes SDRAM; Xilinx Virtex II Pro; RSL
SMT395 is based on the 1GHz 64-bit TMS320C6416T DSP, manufactured on the latest 90nm wafer technology and offers the highest fixed-point processing power ever. Sundance have not stopped here and have implemented a scalable solution using Xilinx Virtex II Pro FPGAs . The SMT395 is, from the user’s perspective, a faster version of the SMT365 Module and a system can be designed with a mixture of SMT335s, SMT361s, SMT365s and SMT395s on the same Carrier. The SMT395 is supported by the T.I. Code Composer Studio and 3L Diamond RTOS to enable full MultiDSP systems with minimum efforts by the programmers.
The SMT395 was available in the following options:
SMT395-VP20-6 (XC2VP20-6 FPGA)
SMT395-VP30-6 (XC2VP30-6 FPGA)
SMT395E-VP70-6 (XC2VP70-6 FPGA)
SMT395E-VP100-6 (XC2VP100-6 FPGA)
- Single width module
- 1GHz TMS320C6416T Fixed Point DSP
- 8000MIPS peak performance
- Xilinx Virtex II PRO FPGAs.
- 256Mbytes of SDRAM @ 133MHz using ‘K4S511632M’ memories
- Two Sundance High-speed Bus (50MHz, 100MHz or 200MHz) ports 32 bits wide
- Eight 2.5Gbit/sec Rocket Serial Links (RSL) for InterModule communications.
- Six ComPorts up to 20Mbytes/s each for InterDSP communications / configuration.
- 8Mbytes FLASH ROM for configuration/booting
- 5V tolerant ComPorts and global bus allowing connection to older C40 modules and carrier boards.
- JTAG Diagnostics Port
- TIM Global Connector
- TIM standard compatible.
- 12 months warranty
- Weight Approx. 58g
The SMT395 provides a flexible platform for the next generations of Telecom systems, Image Processing applications, Medical equipment and Industrial solutions. With the added benefit of the large Virtex II Pro FPGA, the SMT395 will enable pre-processing to be done ‘On-the-Fly’ before the DSP gets the data. The Sundance provided basic VHDL Core for InterDSP communication use approximately 500k gates of the FPGA with the rest is available for the user. The SHB provides 60 I/O pins each and they are available to the user as general purpose I/O pins and uses the high-speed connector system from Samtec and use the ‘Blue Ribbon’ cables from Precision Interconnect. The SMT395 also sports 8x Rocket Serial Links that are connected directly to the Virtex-II Pro FPGA and Sundance has implemented an open standard for Serial Interconnection called Rocket Serial Link. The speed is 2.5Gbits/sec on each Link.s395