NOT FOR NEW DESIGNS
4x C6416T @ 1GHz, 1x VirtexII-Pro XC2VP70FF1704, 2x SHB Interface, 14 RSL and Global Bus
The module also includes a Xilinx VirtexII-Pro (XC2VP70FF1704) FPGA which is configured to provide ‘C4x style Comm-ports, a TIM compatible enhanced global bus, two Sundance High-Speed Busses (SHBs), 14 Sundance RSL, and other control functions.
The SMT395Q is, from the user’s perspective, a multi-DSP version of the SMT395 Module, and an upgrade to the SMT361Q.
The SMT395Q is supported by the T.I. Code Composer Studio and 3L Diamond RTOS to enable full MultiDSP systems with minimum efforts by the programmers.
- Dual width module
- 4 x 1GHz TMS320C6416T Fixed Point DSPs
- 128Mbytes on the “Host DSP” and 64Mbytes on each “Slave DSP”
- Xilinx Virtex II PRO FPGAs. XC2VP70 in FF1074 package
- Two Sundance High-speed Bus (50MHz, 100MHz or 200MHz) ports 32 bits wide
- Fourteen 2Gbit/sec Rocket Serial Links (RSL) for InterModule communications.
- Four ComPorts up to 20Mbytes/s each for InterDSP communications / configuration.
- 8Mbytes FLASH ROM for configuration/booting
- 5V tolerant ComPorts and global bus allowing connection to older C40 modules and carrier boards.
- JTAG Diagnostics Port
- TIM Global Connector
- TIM standard compatible.
- 12 months warranty
The SMT395Q provides a flexible platform for the next generations of Telecom systems, Image Processing applications, Medical equipment and Industrial solutions. With the added benefit of the large Virtex II Pro FPGA, the SMT395Q will enable pre-processing to be done ‘On-the-Fly’ before the 4 DSPs gets the data. The Sundance provided basic VHDL Core for InterDSP communication use approximately 500k gates of the FPGA with the rest is available for the user. The SHB provides 60 I/O pins each and they are available to the user as general purpose I/O pins and uses the high-speed connector system from Samtec and use the ‘Blue Ribbon’ cables from Precision Interconnect. The SMT395Q also sports 14 x Rocket Serial Links that are connected directly to the Virtex-II Pro FPGA and Sundance has implemented an open standard for Serial Interconnection called Rocket Serial Link. The speed is 2Gbits/sec on each Link.