NOT FOR NEW DESIGNS
FPGA Module, Xilinx Virtex-II ; 2MB ZBT SRAM; Sundance High-speed Bus interface
The SMT398 is a BIG ‘Big-Brother’ to the SMT358 FPGA Module that Sundance designed in 1999. It has all the same benefits, and a lot more!
The latest versions of the Xilinx Virtex-II are being used to the fullest of their potentials and offers ZBT-RAM with no less than four Sundance High-speed Busses (SHB) for general purpose I/O and interface to high-speed DAQ/DSP Modules, five interModule ComPorts and an enhanced 32-bit Global Bus interface to a Carrier.
The SMT398 is available in the following options:
SMT398-1000-4-Z2 (Virtex XC2V1000-4)
SMT398-2000-4-Z2 (Virtex XC2V2000-4)
SMT398-3000-4-Z2-Q2 (Virtex XC2V3000-4 and 2MB QDR SRAM)
SMT398-6000-4-Z2-Q2 (Virtex XC2V6000-4 and 2MB QDR SRAM)
- Single width module
- Virtex IItm range of FPGA devices as user programmable resource.
- 1M Gates equivalent or more of software configurable resource. XC2V1000-4, FF896 package.
- 2 Banks of high speed ZBT SRAM 2 MBytes
- 6 ComPorts or SDL Interface (Sundance Datapipe Links @ 100Mbytes/sec.), 60 I/O pins
- 32-bit Global Connector for Host-PC transfers, 78 I/O pins
- Four SHB Interfaces (Sundance High-speed Bus @ 400Mbytes/sec.), 100 I/O pins
- 4 Status LEDs
- External clock
- LVDS Interface and memory expansion options
- JTAG Diagnostics Port
- TIM standard compatible.
- 12 months warranty
- Simple prototyping for hardware solutions to typical DSP algorithms
- Scaleable and flexible system configuration
- Higher performance than conventional DSPs
- Expansion of memory or I/O interfaces using mezzanine cards
- VHDL Source to module interfaces available as ‘Shareware’.
- The SHB provides 25 I/O pins each and they are available to the user as general purpose I/O pins and uses the high-speed connector system from Samtec and use the ‘Blue Ribbon’ cables from Precision Interconnect.