NOT FOR NEW DESIGNS
3U PXI express (PXIe) board Virtex-5 Dual MIMO RF tranceiver
This enables the use of an SMT901 WITHOUT a TIM (Such as SMT351-T), within a PXIe rack.
Details of each board follow.
The SMT700 module uses a Xilinx Virtex 5 LXT or SXT to implement the interfaces the board provides. The FPGA can be configured either via the onboard flash, or through the Xilinx JTAG header.
The SMT700 is one of the first of a new range of Sundance cards that includes a direct connection to SLB (Sundance Local Bus) compatible mezzanine card, without the need for a Sundance TIM. This enables a variety of cards to be added to a system, for example extra Ethernet ports, video in/out, High speed ADC / DAC etc. Data from these extra cards (along with data from the SMT700’s own inputs – up to 1Gb/s Ethernet, 2.5Gb/s optical links, and RSL links) can be processed via the Virtex 5, or by another linked card or module.
- Xilinx Virtex 5 SX50T in an FF1136 package.
- FPGA configuration from 64MByte flash using a Xilinx Coolrunner CPLD.
- One 64-bit wide data bank of DDR2 memory. The bank uses 4 16-bit wide devices. Running this memory at 220MHz provides a maximum access speed of over 3.5Gbyte/s.
- Sundance LVDS Bus (SLB) connector.
- Front panel SATA connectors carrying Virtex5 serial interfaces.
- Front panel RJ45 for gigabit Ethernet.
- Front panel Fibre Optic modules carrying Virtex5 Serial interfaces.
- Sundance RSL connector with 4 serial interfaces.
- On-board USB interface to allow re-programming of the flash memory.
The SMT901 is an advanced, high-quality MIMO transceiver card, designed to cover all features of future high-speed MIMO TDD radio systems. The SMT901 comprises two complete, fully configurable transceiver chains between two 2 x 10-bit digital I/Q interfaces and two dual-band 50 Ohm antenna ports. Each transceiver chain comprises RF-frontend (band switch / RX-TX switch and power amplifier), up-/down converters with on chip PLLs and high-performance analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters for the I/Q signals and auxiliary analog-to-digital converters for RSSI and TX power detection signals.
With a single externally supplied common reference clock for the transceiver PLLs multiple SMT901 cards are easily combined to build an arbitrary size 2m x 2n MIMO system with coherent LO phase.
All control signals and the SPI bus are routed through a 120-pin QSH data connector providing highest freedom for flexible, application specific configuration and control during operation. The SMT901 is designed to fit on and connect directly to an FPGA base module like the SMT368.
- Dual radio MIMO transceiver card for 2.4 – 2.5 GHz & 5.15 – 5.875 GHz bands
- Bandwidth configurable up to 40 MHz
- Direct conversion architecture
- 2 x 10-bit digital I/Q baseband interface
- 200 MSPS Digital-to-Analog converters
- 80 MSPS Analog-to-Digital converters
- Transceiver and RF front-end comply to IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n specifications with 64 QAM modulation
- Pout up to 18 dBm in 2.4 . 2.5 GHz
- Pout up to 15 dBm in 5.15 . 5.875 GHz
- Auxiliary ADCs for RSSI and TX power detection signals
- Stackable to build arbitrary order 2m x 2n MIMO systems
- Fully configurable
- All I/O signals completely buffered for highest noise immunity
- Complete separation of digital and analog supply circuits using low-noise LDOs
- 12 months warranty