WiMAX PHY Lab is a comprehensive implementation of the mobile WiMAX physical layer.
WiMAX PHY Lab can be used at all stages of the WiMAX software, hardware and IPR development, from research, prototyping and implementation, up to system benchmarking, verification and testing.
The WiMAX PHY Lab model can be executed from the MATLAB software. In addition, to accelerate the learning curve of our customers, we offer technical trainings about all the radio-related topics of WiMAX (from system overview, through PHY layer, OFDM, OFDMA, multiple antennas, air interface, protocols and procedures up to radio network planning and design).
- IEEE physical layer implementation according to IEEE 802.16e-2005 (and 802.16d-2004 where necessary) and WiMAX Forum Mobile System Profile Specification Release 1.5,
- WirelessMAN-OFDMA PHY Layer,
- Downlink and uplink support available from day one,
- TDD duplexing, FDD – available on request,
- Support for MIMO (2 antennas: Tx diversity, Spatial Multiplexing, Collaborative UL MIMO) and OFDMA,
- Flexible control of all the necessary parameters,
- Support for all the WiMAX bandwidths: 3.5MHz, 5MHz, 7MHz, 8.75MHz, 10MHz, 20MHz,
- Channel models included (AWGN, SUI),
- Test files included.
An efficient hardware implementation based on the Sundance WiMAX DSP/FPGA multiprocessor-based system architecture developer’s platform may also be purchased.