3U PXI express board Virtex-5 DVI Transceiver
This enables the use of an SMT939 WITHOUT a TIM (Such as SMT351-T or SMT339), within a PXIe rack.
Details of each board follow.
The SMT700 module uses a Xilinx Virtex 5 LXT or SXT to implement the interfaces the board provides. The FPGA can be configured either via the onboard flash, or through the Xilinx JTAG header.
The SMT700 is one of the first of a new range of Sundance cards that includes a direct connection to SLB (Sundance Local Bus) compatible mezzanine card, without the need for a Sundance TIM. This enables a variety of cards to be added to a system, for example extra Ethernet ports, video in/out, High speed ADC / DAC etc. Data from these extra cards (along with data from the SMT700’s own inputs – up to 1Gb/s Ethernet, 2.5Gb/s optical links, and RSL links) can be processed via the Virtex 5, or by another linked card or module.
- Xilinx Virtex 5 SX50T in an FF1136 package.
- FPGA configuration from 64MByte flash using a Xilinx Coolrunner CPLD.
- One 64-bit wide data bank of DDR2 memory. The bank uses 4 16-bit wide devices. Running this memory at 220MHz provides a maximum access speed of over 3.5Gbyte/s.
- Sundance LVDS Bus (SLB) connector.
- Front panel SATA connectors carrying Virtex5 serial interfaces.
- Front panel RJ45 for gigabit Ethernet.
- Front panel Fibre Optic modules carrying Virtex5 Serial interfaces.
- Sundance RSL connector with 4 serial interfaces.
- On-board USB interface to allow re-programming of the flash memory.
The SMT939 is a DVI transceiver module SLB expansion card. It is capable of receiving a Single DVI channel running with a maximum clock frequency of 165MHz. The decoded DVI data stream is organised as a 24bit RGB packet with separate syncs and clock. This is fed through level translation buffers to allow the data to be connected to the 2.5V SLB interface header. An onboard EEPROM allows an EDID table to be programmed so that driving hardware can interrogate the DVI input interface.
The SMT939 also has an DVI encoder on the module which supports a single DVI output interface which can run at upto 165Mhz.
- 165MHz DVI Decoder – SIL1160
- 165MHz DVI Encoder – TFP410
- EDID Prom
- Sundance Local Bus