3U PXI express board Virtex-5 CameraLink Receiver Module
This enables the use of an SMT949 WITHOUT a TIM (Such as SMT351-T), within a PXIe rack.
Details of each board follow.
The SMT700 is a Virtex 5 based PXIe board.
The SMT700 module uses a Xilinx Virtex 5 LXT or SXT to implement the interfaces the board provides. The FPGA can be configured either via the onboard flash, or through the Xilinx JTAG header.
The SMT700 is one of the first of a new range of Sundance cards that includes a direct connection to SLB (Sundance Local Bus) compatible mezzanine card, without the need for a Sundance TIM. This enables a variety of cards to be added to a system, for example extra Ethernet ports, video in/out, High speed ADC / DAC etc. Data from these extra cards (along with data from the SMT700’s own inputs – up to 1Gb/s Ethernet, 2.5Gb/s optical links, and RSL links) can be processed via the Virtex 5, or by another linked card or module.
- Xilinx Virtex 5 SX50T in an FF1136 package.
- FPGA configuration from 64MByte flash using a Xilinx Coolrunner CPLD.
- One 64-bit wide data bank of DDR2 memory. The bank uses 4 16-bit wide devices. Running this memory at 220MHz provides a maximum access speed of over 3.5Gbyte/s.
- Sundance LVDS Bus (SLB) connector.
- Front panel SATA connectors carrying Virtex5 serial interfaces.
- Front panel RJ45 for gigabit Ethernet.
- Front panel Fibre Optic modules carrying Virtex5 Serial interfaces.
- Sundance RSL connector with 4 serial interfaces.
- On-board USB interface to allow re-programming of the flash memory.
The SMT949 is a Camera Link interface, SLB expansion card.
The SMT949 provides a Base, Medium and Full configuration Camera Link Interfaces through 2x 3M MDR connector. The interface also implements two serial interfaces between the card and the camera (one to the camera, one from the camera) as well as the four control lines to the camera.
When using base camera Links is it possible to configure the second connector as a second Base Camera Link input. Thus allowing the provision for attaching two cameras simultaneously. The SMT949 uses 3 DS90CR288A LVDS decoders. These can each have a data rate output of up to 85MHz. Using the full capacity of 3 links data rates of upto 765 Mbytes per second can be achieved.
- Dual Base Camera Link
- Single Medium or Full Camera Link
- 85MHz clock
- Allowing 765Mbytes through-put