ADC Module, 2-Channels 210MSPS @ 12bits;
SMT390 is the first of a range DAQ Modules from Sundance that uses Virtex-II Pro FPGA and a unique “Double-Decker” inter-connections concept that separate the Digital control functions from the noise-sensitive DAQ semiconductors. The interface between the “Base” and “Daughter” Modules is done with the help of LVDS signals that are built into the latest Xilinx Virtex-II Pro FPGAs. The SMT390 offers a dual channel solution at 210MSPS conversation rate at 12-bits. The single width Module has two AD9430s from Analog Device Inc. rate and these are optimized for outstanding dynamic performance in wideband carrier and broadband systems. All necessary functions, including track-and-hold (T/H) and reference are included on the chip to provide a complete conversion solution.
- Two 12-bit ADCs (AD9430 sampling up to 210 MHz using LVDS interface.
- Single width module.
- Two Sundance High-speed Bus (SHB) connectors – 60 I/O pins each.
- Two 4 channel Rocket Serial Links (RSL) connectors – 2.5Gbits/second each
- Two 20 Mbytes/s ComPorts for control purpose – 12 I/O pins each.
- Low-jitter system clock.
- Xilinx Virtex-II Pro FPGA (XC2VP20-5) w. two PowerPC Cores.
- 128Mbytes of DDR SDRAM fast storage for each channel.
- On-board 8-bit TI MPS430 uC that monitors voltage, temperature and loads up the default configuration into the FPGA.
- 50-Ohm analogue inputs and outputs, external triggers and clocks via MMCX(Huber and Suhner) connectors.
- User defined pins for external connections.
- Compatible with a wide range of Sundance SHB modules.
- TIM standard compatible.
- 12 months warranty
Ideal for flexible Wireless and Wired Broadband Communications Systems, Cable Reverse Path Solutions, Communications Test Equipment, Radar and Satellite Subsystems and Power Amplifier Linearization and similar type of application.
The XC2VP20 Xilinx FPGA has approx. 2 million gates and Sundance uses approx. half a million for controlling the converters and rest could be used by OEM customers for doing pre-processing on the data or for other custom controls. The SMT390 has more than 120 free I/O pins for either “InterModule” communications or for custom applications/use. The Rocket Serial Links provide the ultimate in fast “InterModule” communications, each RSL being a hard-core inside the Xilinx FPGA and running at speed up to 2.5Gbites/sec.
The Virtex VP20 also contains two IBM PowerPC Cores, that are 100% un-committed and not used by any of Sundance’s Cores