VPX3-ZU1B – 3U OpenVPX Module
Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC with FMC HPC Site and Dual 1000BaseT
PanaTeQ’s VPX3–ZU1B is a 3U OpenVPX module based on the Zynq UltraScale+ MultiProcessor SoC device from Xilinx. This upgraded version provides a dual Ethernet 1000BaseT interfaces on the VPX P2 connector.
The Zynq MPSoC integrates a Quad–core ARM Cortex–A53 based Application Processing Unit (APU), a Dual–core ARM Cortex–R5 based Real–Time Processing Unit (RPU), a ARM MALI–400 based Graphic Pro-cessing Unit (GPU) and an UltraScale+ Programmable Logic (PL) in a single device. It also includes on–chip memory, external memory interfaces, and a rich set of peripheral connectivity interfaces.
The board can be ordered with different versions of the Zynq MPSoC family of devices, coupled up to 8GB 64–bit DDR4–2400 Processing Memory with 8–bit ECC.
Up to 2GB 16–bit of DDR4–2400 is also available as the Programmable Logic Memory, allowing data streaming applications such as video CODEC and signal processing. Up to 128GB of soldered eMMC man-aged NAND Flash is available for local data storage.
The VPX3–ZU1B uses four advanced DC/DC power modules from Linear Technology using PMBus and PanaTeQ’s SmartPower Management technology.
For frond–end I/O interfaces, an on–board FMC site compliant to the Vita 57.1 HPC standard with 90 SE IO (45 Diff Pairs) and 10 MGT, allowing a wide range of applications such as Software Defined Radio, Video Cam-era Processing, advanced Multi–Axes Motors controller, Multi–Gig Ether-net Communications, LIDAR/RADAR/SONAR.
The board can act as a Single Board Computer in the VPX system thanks to its on–board PCIe Gen2 Switch. When the VPX3–ZU1 is System Controller, it can manage up to eight 3U OpenVPX slots with a PCIe x1 Gen2 link per slot. There is no need to add any SBC in the VPX System, improving Size, Weight, Power and Cost (SWaP–C).
A large number of the Zynq MSoC PS peripherals are available on the VPX backplane: 2x ETH 1000Base–T, 4x USB 2.0, 1x SATA 3.1, 1x CAN–2.0B, 2x RS–232/422/485, 4x MGT, 20x GPIO, Video Out Display Port 1.2.
The air cooled PanaTeQ System Development Kit VPX3–ZU1B–PSDK is available for the developers and includes a lab chassis with 5–slots Full–Mesh backplane, the VPX3–ZU1–B1M–AS and RTM–ZU1 boards, a Pen-taLinux BSP, PanaTeQ FPGA Design Kit (PAN–FDK) and cables.
3U VPX Interfaces
- VITA 46.0/46.4/46.6/65.0 VPX/OpenVPX Specifications compliant
- On-board PCIe Gen2 NT Switch 2x PCIe x4 or 8x PCIe x1 Gen2 links connected to Zynq MPSoC Processing System
- 4x MGT GTH @ up to 6.3 Gb/s connected to/from Zynq MPSoC Programming Logic
- 2x Ethernet 1000BASE-X/SGMII links on VPX Control Plane
- 2x Ethernet 1000BASE-T, 2x RS-232/422/485, 4x USB 2.0, 1x SATA 3.1, 1x CAN 2.0B, 20x GPIO (or 10x LVDS)
- 1x Display Port 1.2 VIDEO OUT
- Board Management Controller (BMC) Interface. VITA 46.11 Ready
- System Controller capability, JTAG
- Optional KVPX Connectors (Contact us)
OpenVPX VITA 65.0 Profiles
- MOD3-PAY-2F2U-16.2.3-2, MOD3-PAY-2F2U-16.2.3-3
- MOD3-PAY-8U-16.2.9-1, MOD3-PAY-8U-16.2.9-2
- MOD3-PAY-2F4F2U-16.2.10-3, MOD3-PAY-2F4F2U-16.2.10-4
Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC
- Supported Devices:XVZU6xG / XCZU9xG / XCZU15EG FFVC900 Package (Speed Grade –1/2/3)
- Processing System : Quad-Core ARM A53, Dual-Core ARM R5, GPU Mali-400, 2x SATA, 2x USB, 4x GETH MACs
- Programmable Logic: 469K Logic Cells (ZU6xG) / 600K Logic Cells (ZU9xG) / 747K Logic Cells (ZU15EG)
- On-Chip Memories: 25.1Mb (ZU6xG) / 32Mb (ZU9xG) / 57.7Mb (ZU15EG)
- DSP Slices: 1973 (ZU6xG) / 2520 (ZU9xG) / 3528 (ZU15EG)
- High Speed Serial Links: 16 full duplex, high performance, GTH Multi-Gigabit Tranceivers (MGT) @ up to 16.3 Gb/s
- 2x 10-bit, 1MSPS ADCs for System Monitoring
- Supported by PanaTeQ’s FPGA Development Kit (PAN-FDK)
- Up to 8GB of DDR4-2400 Processor System (PS) memory, 64-bit data, 8-bit ECC
- Up to 2GB of DDR4-2400 Programmable Logic (PL) memory, 16-bit data, no ECC
- Up to 128GB eMMC of managed NAND Flash memory. HS200 support @ up to 100MB/s
- 512KB of SPI MRAM (NVRAM)
- 2x 512Mb (128MB) of QSPI NOR Flash memory for booting Zynq MPSoC PL and Firmware PS
VITA 57 FMC Slot
- Compliant to the High Pin Count (HPC) VITA 57.1 specification
- 10x high-performance MGT @ up to 16.3 Gb/s to/from Zynq MPSoC Programmable Logic
- 90 LVCMOS_18 or 45 LVDS_18 (LA [0:33], HA[0:10]) to/from Zynq MPSoC Programmable Logic
- 2x clocks FMC to Zynq MPSoC Programmable Logic
- 2x clocks FMC to Zynq MPSoC GTH Transceivers
- VADJ = 1V8 (default). 2V5 not supported by Zynq MPSoC HP Banks
Board Management Controller (BMC)
- Based on Microsemi SmartFusion Customizable System-on-Chip (cSoC) with on-chip ARM Cortex-M3 at up to 100MHz
- Real-Time Monitoring+Alarms: Voltages, Currents, Temperatures, 6-Axis Accelerometer, Magnetometer and Humidity
- Reset Management, Power-Up and Power-Down Sequencing. Buit-In Test (BIT)
- Watchdogs (Avionics type)
- Large private 32MB Event Log Flash Memory.
- UART communication with host using RTM-ZU1 Rear-Transition Module
- Smart Power Management using four LTM467x Linear Technology DC/DC modules with Digital Power System Management
- Hardware Ready for full Vita 46.11 compliance
- Compliant with VITA 47 specification.
- 3U Compliant to VITA 46.0, 46.4, 46.6, 65.0, 57.1 standards
- Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC
- ZU6xG/ZU9xG/ZU15EG FFVC-900 Package
- Up to 8GB DDR4-2400 64-bit PS memory with 8-bit ECC
- Up to 2GB DDR4-2400 16-bit PL memory
- 128MB QSPI NOR, eMMC 64GB, MRAM 512KB
- On-board PCIe Gen2 Switch 16-Lanes 16-Ports with NT support
- 4x MGT on VPX-P1 Expansion Plane
- 1x Display Port 1.2 Video Out on VPX-P2
- 2x ETH 1000Base-BX/SGMII on VPX-P1 Control Plane
- 2x ETH 1000Base-T on VPX-P2
- 4x USB 2.0, 1x SATA 3.1 on VPX-P2
- 20x LVCMOS or 10x LVDS GPIO on VPX-P2
- 2x RS.232/422/485, 1x CAN 2.0B on VPX-P2
- FMC HPC site with 90x IO / 45x LVDS, 10x MGT
- Smart Power Management using 4x LTM467x with PMBus
- Board Management Controller ARM Cortex-M3 based
- VPX System Controller
- Air Cooled and Conduction Cooled
- Optional KVPX Connectors
- MILCOM, Software Defined Radio, MIMO
- Situational Awareness Systems
- Electronic Warfare, Signal Intelligence
- LIDAR/RADAR/SONAR Systems
- Advanced Multi-Axes Motors Control
- Video CODEC and Signal Processing