NOT FOR NEW DESIGNS
DAC Module; 12-bit, 160 MSPS Dual Channel; Sundance High-speed Bus; Xilinx Virtex II FPGA; ZBT RAM
SMT378A offers a integrated solution for medium-speed Dual channel Digital to Analogue data generation. The single width Module has an AD9773 dual channel TxDAC for converting up to 160MSPS into analogue signals. The converters are interfaced to a Xilinx Virtex-II FPGA that controls them and also provides the data-paths for the digital signals.
The data is routed to two 16-bit Sundance Digital Buses, using two Sundance High-speed Bus connectors. The control of the DACs is done with the help of a Sundance ComPort
- Dual 12-bit TxDAC (AD9773) sampling up to 160 MHz (interpolation). AC coupled
- 4Mbytes of 166MHz Zero-Bus-Turnaround (ZBT) SRAM for patterns, etc.
- Single width module.
- Two Sundance High-speed Bus (SHB) connectors.
- Two 20 MBytes/s communication ports.
- Low-jitter system clock.
- Xilinx Virtex-II FPGA (XC2V1000-4).
- 50-Ohm analogue outputs and clocks via MMBX (Huber and Suhner) connectors.
- User defined pins for external connections.
- Compatible with a wide range of Sundance SHB modules.
- TIM standard compatible
Ideal for flexible system architectures and specifications IF Radar Sampling, Base-band Radar Sampling, Spectrum Analysers, Digital Radio Receivers, Multi-channel Receivers and Cellular/PCS base stations.
The XC2V1000 Xilinx FPGA has 1 million gates and Sundance uses approx. half a million for controlling the converters and rest can be used by the OEM customer for doing pre-processing on the data or for other custom controls.s378a