NOT FOR NEW DESIGNS
Fixed Clock Generation and Distribution TIM.
The SMT399-Fxx purpose is to enable the synchronization of many ADC and DAC devices in systems which require a common clock source across all devices. The module will consist of a very stable, thermally controlled fixed frequency clock generator and a 4-way 0-phase divider with limited phase delay across the ports. An external source will be an optional input (instead of the generator) to the divider to allow distribution, or to daisy chain several SMT399-Fxxx boards to increase the number of common clocks.
- Very stable, thermally controlled fixed frequency clock generator.
- 4-way 0-phase divider with limited phase delay across the ports.
- OCXO fixed frequency clock, wide frequency range available (5MHz – 200MHz)
- External clock input, distributed clock output.
- OCXO/External Clock Selection.
- Generate 4 clock outputs each of which may clock Sundance ADC’s or DAC’s.
- Frequency stability of 0.5ppm (+/-5×10-7) over an operating temperature of 0° to 40° C.
- Frequency accuracy of 0.1ppm (+/-1×10-7) of the desired frequency.
- An external clock can be used with approximately 90° transfer phase delay.
- Powered by the TIM connector or external power (+5V) as needed.
- Choice of either MMCX or MMBX connections (or a mixture of both) definable by the user.
- 12 months warranty
These modules can be used in the following applications:
- Radio systems, as a Stratum 3E clock source (fine tuning)
- Beam forming (synchronized acquisition of many ADCs)
- Test systems (as a temperature-independent frequency reference)
- Quadrature clock generation systems