3U PXI express board Virtex-5 Dual Multi-channel Video Decoder
The SMT709 combines the power of the SMT909 with the PXIe compliant SMT700 carrier card.
This enables the use of an SMT909 WITHOUT a TIM (Such as SMT351-T or SMT339), within a PXIe rack.
Details of each board follow.
The SMT700 is a Virtex 5 based PXIe board.
The SMT700 module uses a Xilinx Virtex 5 LXT or SXT to implement the interfaces the board provides. The FPGA can be configured either via the onboard flash, or through the Xilinx JTAG header.
The SMT700 is one of the first of a new range of Sundance cards that includes a direct connection to SLB (Sundance Local Bus) compatible mezzanine card, without the need for a Sundance TIM. This enables a variety of cards to be added to a system, for example extra Ethernet ports, video in/out, High speed ADC / DAC etc. Data from these extra cards (along with data from the SMT700’s own inputs – up to 1Gb/s Ethernet, 2.5Gb/s optical links, and RSL links) can be processed via the Virtex 5, or by another linked card or module.
- Xilinx Virtex 5 SX50T in an FF1136 package.
- FPGA configuration from 64MByte flash using a Xilinx Coolrunner CPLD.
- One 64-bit wide data bank of DDR2 memory. The bank uses 4 16-bit wide devices. Running this memory at 220MHz provides a maximum access speed of over 3.5Gbyte/s.
- Sundance LVDS Bus (SLB) connector.
- Front panel SATA connectors carrying Virtex5 serial interfaces.
- Front panel RJ45 for gigabit Ethernet.
- Front panel Fibre Optic modules carrying Virtex5 Serial interfaces.
- Sundance RSL connector with 4 serial interfaces.
- On-board USB interface to allow re-programming of the flash memory.
The SMT909 is a Dual video decoder, SLB expansion card. The SMT909 utilises two NXP SAA7118 video decoders, which support a wide variety of analogue inputs. Using both decoders up to 16 inputs can be utilised. As the 16 inputs are shared between 2 video decoders simultaneous capture of 2 channels is possible.
The Module features two NXP SAA7118 video decoders that accept most PAL and NTSC standards.
Each decoder can decode the colour of PAL, SECAM and NTSC signals into ITU 601 compatible colour component values. The SAA7118 accepts CVBS or S-video (Y/C) as analogue inputs from TV or VCR sources, including weak and distorted signals as well as baseband component signals Y-PB-PR or RGB
- High performance SAA7118E video decoder/s
- Supports PAL B, G, D, H, I and N, combination PAL N, PAL M, NTSC M, NTSC-Japan, NTSC 4.43 and SECAM standards.
- Up to 16 analogue CVBS inputs
- Up to 8 Y+C inputs
- Up to 4 analogue component inputs, with embedded or separate syncs