3U PXI express board Virtex-5 ADC Module, 2-Channels 210MSPS @ 12bits;
The SMT739 combines the power of the SMT390 with the PXIe compliant SMT700 carrier card.
This enables the use of an SMT390 WITHOUT a TIM (Such as SMT351-T or SMT339), within a PXIe rack.
Details of each board follow.
The SMT700 is a Virtex 5 based PXIe board.
The SMT700 module uses a Xilinx Virtex 5 LXT or SXT to implement the interfaces the board provides. The FPGA can be configured either via the onboard flash, or through the Xilinx JTAG header.
The SMT700 is one of the first of a new range of Sundance cards that includes a direct connection to SLB (Sundance Local Bus) compatible mezzanine card, without the need for a Sundance TIM. This enables a variety of cards to be added to a system, for example extra Ethernet ports, video in/out, High speed ADC / DAC etc. Data from these extra cards (along with data from the SMT700’s own inputs – up to 1Gb/s Ethernet, 2.5Gb/s optical links, and RSL links) can be processed via the Virtex 5, or by another linked card or module.
- Xilinx Virtex 5 SX50T in an FF1136 package.
- FPGA configuration from 64MByte flash using a Xilinx Coolrunner CPLD.
- One 64-bit wide data bank of DDR2 memory. The bank uses 4 16-bit wide devices. Running this memory at 220MHz provides a maximum access speed of over 3.5Gbyte/s.
- Sundance LVDS Bus (SLB) connector.
- Front panel SATA connectors carrying Virtex5 serial interfaces.
- Front panel RJ45 for gigabit Ethernet.
- Front panel Fibre Optic modules carrying Virtex5 Serial interfaces.
- Sundance RSL connector with 4 serial interfaces.
- On-board USB interface to allow re-programming of the flash memory.
SMT390 is the first of a range DAQ Modules from Sundance that uses Virtex-II Pro FPGA and a unique “Double-Decker” inter-connections concept that separate the Digital control functions from the noise-sensitive DAQ semiconductors. The interface between the “Base” and “Daughter” Modules is done with the help of LVDS signals that are built into the latest Xilinx Virtex-II Pro FPGAs. The SMT390 offers a dual channel solution at 210MSPS conversation rate at 12-bits. The single width Module has two AD9430s from Analog Device Inc. rate and these are optimized for outstanding dynamic performance in wideband carrier and broadband systems. All necessary functions, including track-and-hold (T/H) and reference are included on the chip to provide a complete conversion solution.s790