3U PXI express board Virtex-5 ADC Module; Dual Channel 1GHz, 8-bit ADC;
This enables the use of an SMT391 WITHOUT a TIM (Such as SMT351-T or SMT339), within a PXIe rack.
Details of each board follow.
The SMT700 is a Virtex 5 based PXIe board.
The SMT700 module uses a Xilinx Virtex 5 LXT or SXT to implement the interfaces the board provides. The FPGA can be configured either via the onboard flash, or through the Xilinx JTAG header.
The SMT700 is one of the first of a new range of Sundance cards that includes a direct connection to SLB (Sundance Local Bus) compatible mezzanine card, without the need for a Sundance TIM. This enables a variety of cards to be added to a system, for example extra Ethernet ports, video in/out, High speed ADC / DAC etc. Data from these extra cards (along with data from the SMT700’s own inputs – up to 1Gb/s Ethernet, 2.5Gb/s optical links, and RSL links) can be processed via the Virtex 5, or by another linked card or module.
- Xilinx Virtex 5 SX50T in an FF1136 package.
- FPGA configuration from 64MByte flash using a Xilinx Coolrunner CPLD.
- One 64-bit wide data bank of DDR2 memory. The bank uses 4 16-bit wide devices. Running this memory at 220MHz provides a maximum access speed of over 3.5Gbyte/s.
- Sundance LVDS Bus (SLB) connector.
- Front panel SATA connectors carrying Virtex5 serial interfaces.
- Front panel RJ45 for gigabit Ethernet.
- Front panel Fibre Optic modules carrying Virtex5 Serial interfaces.
- Sundance RSL connector with 4 serial interfaces.
- On-board USB interface to allow re-programming of the flash memory.
The SMT391 is a single width TIM module. It is capable of sampling two analogue inputs at 1 GSPS with a resolution of 8 bits. An Atmel duel channel ADC (AT84AD001) performs the analogue to digital conversion.
The Xilinx FPGA (Virtex II-Pro or Virtex 4 for SMT368) on the base module is responsible for handling data going/coming to/from one of the following destination/source: TI converters, Comport (TIM-40 standard), Sundance High-speed Bus (SHB), Memory on some base modules (DDR or QDR) and RocketIO Serial Links (RSL). These interfaces are compatible with a wide range of Sundance’s modules.
- Dual channel ADC (Ideal for I & Q channel applications)
- 1GHz sampling frequency
- 8 Bit data resolution
- Custom Clock and Trigger inputs via external connectors
- 12 months warranty