NOT FOR NEW DESIGNS
SMT364 offers a building block for scalable high-speed Analogue to Digital data collections starting from 4 channels and reaching as many as 32 channels by cascading eight SMT364s. The single width Module has four AD6645 from Analog Device Inc. and these are 14-bit ADC converters with a 105MSPS sampling rate. All necessary functions, including track-and-hold (T/H) and reference are included on the chip to provide a complete conversion solution. They are interfaced to a Xilinx Virtex FPGA that controls the ADC converters and also provide the data-route of the converted analogue signals.
The data are routed to four 16-bit Sundance Digital Bus, using two Sundance High-speed Buses connectors and the control of the ADCs are done with the help of a Sundance ComPort.
- Four 14-bit ADCs (AD6645) sampling at up to 105 MHz.
- Single width module.
- Two Sundance High-speed Bus (SHB) connectors.
- Four 20 MBytes/s communication ports.
- Low-jitter system clock.
- Xilinx Virtex-II FPGA (XC2V1000-4).
- On-board PROM (Xilinx XC18V04) loads up the default configuration into the FPGA
- 50-Ohm analogue inputs and outputs, external triggers and clocks via MMBX (Huber and Suhner) connectors.
- User defined pins for external connections.
- Compatible with a wide range of Sundance SHB modules.
- TIM standard compatible..
- 12 month warranty
- Typical Power consumption: Approx. 11 Watts.
- 700mA @ +12V; 180mA @ +5V; 500mA @ +3.3V
- Weight: Approx. 82 grams
Ideal for flexible system architectures like IF Radar Sampling, Base-band Radar Sampling, Spectrum Analysers, Digital Radio Receivers, Multi-channel Receivers and Cellular/PCS base stations.
The XC2V1000 Xilinx FPGA has 1 million gates and Sundance uses approx. half a million for controlling the converters and rest can be used by the OEM customer for doing pre-processing on the data or for other custom controls.
The SMT364 has more than 100 free I/O pins for either “InterModule” communications or for custom applications/use.s364